February 12, 2006
Rocky Mountain High
Posted by Victor Fleischer

Apologies for the light blogging lately.  As many Conglomerate readers already know, I've had a lot of great things going on lately, personally and professionally.

It's official:  I will be joining the faculty of the University of Colorado School of Law.  I'm a very lucky man:  I recently became engaged to Miranda Perry, who joined the CU faculty earlier this year.  (It's true, I admit, that we met at a tax conference.  But don't believe the rumors that theImg_0117_2 Commissioner of the IRS will be administering the nuptials, or that Paul Caron will be live-blogging the ceremony.)  And now we get to start our life together in ridiculously cute Boulder.  How exciting!

UCLA has a wonderful institutional culture.  I've been treated well and made some very close friends.  I will miss everyone a lot.  But I'm looking forward to immersing myself in the Boulder culture, Kidscayman_lime_thumb1_1Crocs and all.

There's lots of exciting work being done by the Colorado faculty, and Boulder has an interesting technology & start-up culture that makes it a great fit for my interest in venture capital, private equity, and branding.  In addition to my Deals course and some sort of Venture Capital Law & Finance course, I plan to teach a seminar called something like "Entrepreneurship and Social Policy," where we will examine the phenomenon of start-ups with a social responsibility/sustainability/social branding angle, such as Boulder-area companies Crocs, Wild Oats, and Horizon Organic Dairy.  Should be fun.

Law Schools/Lawyering | Bookmark

Links to weblogs that reference Rocky Mountain High:

» Via con dios, Vic from ProfessorBainbridge.com ...
"My friend and UCLA law colleague Vic Fleischer is getting married and therefore leaving sunny LA for ..." [more] (Tracked on February 13, 2006 @ 12:39)
» Vaya con dios, Vic from ProfessorBainbridge.com ...
"My friend and UCLA law colleague Vic Fleischer is getting married and therefore leaving sunny LA for ..." [more] (Tracked on February 13, 2006 @ 15:39)

1. Posted by Robert Schwartz on February 12, 2006 @ 16:48 | Permalink

Congratulations! The best to and your bride.

2. Posted by Christine on February 12, 2006 @ 16:54 | Permalink

Best wishes! I wonder if we can figure out how to hold a cyber-shower?

3. Posted by Spurned Colleague on February 13, 2006 @ 0:07 | Permalink

Hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

4. Posted by Fred Tung on February 13, 2006 @ 8:05 | Permalink

Congrats, Vic! I like the Black Dog cap. No surprise that you'd catch a cool woman.

5. Posted by Jon Lazenby on February 13, 2006 @ 9:38 | Permalink

Great news! You've come a long way from the days when I knew you in middle school and high school (I vaguely recall a Dungeons-n-Dragons sleepover). Best wishes.

6. Posted by Paul Stancil on February 13, 2006 @ 10:36 | Permalink

Jon -- you may have just ruined Vic's career. Who would publish an article on tax policy written by a guy who, speaking purely hypothetically, stayed up until 4 AM on six consecutive Fridays rolling new characters until he got one with no score below a 16? (A Lawful/Good Cleric, which tells you everything you need to know). While listening to Pat Benatar and watching his slightly less obsessed buddies play Intellivision Football.

Oh wait, that was me, not Vic.

Congratulations, Vic.

7. Posted by Dan Markel on March 29, 2006 @ 18:27 | Permalink

I'm the last one to know! Vic, Miranda, congrats to you both. Wonderful news.