The price? About $600.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Links to weblogs that reference The Greatest Chair Ever?:
1. Posted by D. Daniel Sokol on October 17, 2006 @ 6:29 | Permalink
Absolutely it is the best chair ever. Fewer back problems leads to more productive scholarship.
2. Posted by Dave! on October 17, 2006 @ 7:04 | Permalink
Agreed. Well worth every penny.
3. Posted by brayden on October 17, 2006 @ 8:27 | Permalink
I sat in one of those chairs once. I've been talking about that experience ever since...
4. Posted by David Zaring on October 17, 2006 @ 8:34 | Permalink
When I was in politics, obtaining such a chair demonstrated your importance more than any mere title could. When I was a mere bureaucrat, such chairs were of course unavailable. When I became an academic, there were lengthy negotiations involved in getting the chair. Which I really, really love.
5. Posted by Anon on October 17, 2006 @ 10:20 | Permalink
Interesting to hear user reactions. We once had ergonomics consultants come to help us with our work environments. They spoke disparagingly about those chairs, suggesting that they lacked proper support and were bad for the back in the long-term.