Kieran Healy checks in with a link to this interesting working paper.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Links to weblogs that reference "Interdisciplinarity is a permanently failing academic 'social movement'":
1. Posted by Cliff on March 26, 2007 @ 10:54 | Permalink
Perhaps this is an oversimplification, but could the difficulty with sustaining interdisciplinarity just be another manifestation of the basic economic principle of specialization and trade?
As Omar's musings imply, it is arguably far more effecient, and profitable, to specialize in a particular discipline than it is to attempt interdisciplinarity.
2. Posted by Coach Factory on April 24, 2012 @ 1:46 | Permalink
I didn't know Curley Howard played for BYU!
3. Posted by slow türk on August 21, 2012 @ 15:38 | Permalink
I didn't know Curley Howard played for BYU!.....
4. Posted by canlı tv on April 1, 2013 @ 16:11 | Permalink
I know know curley.
5. Posted by canlı tv izle on April 2, 2013 @ 11:31 | Permalink
Thank you for sharing this beautiful
6. Posted by radyo dinle on April 2, 2013 @ 11:32 | Permalink
me too like it