September 19, 2005
Cheese, Dreams, and How Did Gordon Miss This?
Posted by Christine Hurt

During my commute home on Friday, I heard on the radio this story about a study linking types of cheeses to types of dreams.  The British Cheese Board studied 200 cheese-eaters and found that eating specific cheeses may determine the sleeper's dreams.  Cheshire cheese led to no dreaming, while Stilton blue cheese gave sleepers the wackiest of all dreams.  While most of the cheeses tested were popular in Britain, cheddar was also tested.  Interestingly, eaters of cheddar cheese, the most popular cheese in the U.S., dreamed of celebrities.

Cheese | Bookmark

Links to weblogs that reference Cheese, Dreams, and How Did Gordon Miss This?:

1. Posted by Gordon Smith on September 19, 2005 @ 9:01 | Permalink

2. Posted by Caroline Bradley on September 19, 2005 @ 15:14 | Permalink

The story was hilarious. I wondered whether the dreams were provoked by the cheeses or whether the sort of people who eat Stilton late at night would be more likely to have wacky dreams!

3. Posted by Eric Goldman on September 19, 2005 @ 15:18 | Permalink

And what cheese made people dream about eating more cheese? Eric.

4. Posted by danithew on September 19, 2005 @ 15:55 | Permalink

For some reason this article suddenly made me have the Eurythmics song "Sweet Dreams Are Made of This" going through my head ... maybe sweet dreams are made of cheese.

5. Posted by Shag from Brookline on September 20, 2005 @ 5:20 | Permalink

Isn't "cheese eater" used by some as a derogatory reference? Or does it apply only to liberals who eat Brie, or to the French?

6. Posted by Amy on October 17, 2005 @ 13:10 | Permalink